anyone want a clown

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Don't worry about the age question, just curious. :) I'm still curious though.

You have a lot of fish that are going to be getting pretty large. The shovelnose catfish gets 18-24" & will eat anything that isn't big enough to avoid being on the menu. It is also an soft, acid-loving, Amazon fish. The moray is definately BW-SW. So is the puffer & the puffer will either make lunch of the eel, or be lunch to the catfish. Puffers belong in species only tanks. I would get rid of the knife & catfish, put the eel in another tank & get some more GSPs.

pollock701

AC Members
Jan 7, 2003
salt lake city UT.
Visit site
LOL hell of a catfish

thanks for the picture i'll show it to my wife. about the size i just bought that 180 gal. just need to set it up. can i set it up w/o lights and just a h.o.t. magnum caniter just fo cycleing? or do i need all the stuff?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni

pollock701

AC Members
Jan 7, 2003
salt lake city UT.
Visit site
thank you

thank you for the links i just printed them out and will read them over the weekend maybe if you can send me as much on puffers i really thing on doing the all puffer tank in the hex so i need to know size compadibilty you know i am also get ing the hydrometer this weekend so i can go real brak .

thanks dustin

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I have 2 (5") GSPs & a (3") Ceylon puffer (hard to find) in a 45g. They look like they will be comfortable in there. 2-3 adult GSPs should be ok in your tank, if they all get along. How large is the puffer you have now?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Hooty's a good name. I like when kids name my fish. It's getting harder to think of them the more I get. My fahaka puffer is Filbert, 1 GSP-Cricket (likes them), other GSP-Bozo, Ceylon-Cammie, 3 SA puffers-Edgar, Ethyl & LB (lil Bugger), 2 red eye puffers-Pixie & Pugsly.

kablam

AC Members
Jan 16, 2003
Visit site
Clown knifes aren't "aggressive" at any size

They are predator fish. There is a difference between a fish being aggressive and being a predator.
Puffers tend to be aggressive, nipping on fins of other fish that come in their established territory. Clown Knifes, bicher eels, and moray eels are predators, they eat what fits in their mouth, but they aren't territorial. If there is another fish in the same tank that won't fit in their mouth, they tend to leave it alone
Just wanted to clear that up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store