Anything I can do about these snails...?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
besides getting clown loaches and taking them out by hand? They are just getting rediculas. I can't even put zucchini in the tank without them all over it in a matter of minutes.

SwedishFish

FiSH FrEaK
May 25, 2003
Visit site
I heard skunk botia's kill them i havent seen any snails in my aquarium lately since my big one was eaten by some fish in my aquarium. So u can try a Skunk Botia they dont get big and they like snails :cool:

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
I tried introducing snails into my tank. a couple pond snails the size of a pea and a ramshorn (I think) the size of a dime. My zebra loach wiped out the two smaller ones withing 5 minutes. The larger one lasted at least a day. I can't find it so I'm not sure what happened.

Seems if you baited them with zucchini, you could remove them "...in a matter of minutes".

Tim Bo

Does fuzzy logic tickle?
Apr 11, 1999
Copenhagen, Denmark
hjem.get2net.dk
Yes, although I do like snails and consider them an important aid in helping me 'ballance' my tank, that is what I have to do some times as well. An irresitable pice of a shrimp pellet and a slice of cucumber allows me to scoop up a bunch of them the next day.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
You'll probably never be able to get rid of all of them, if they are MTS, but a small loach or baiting, as mentioned above, would be a good bet...I'd like to know the tank specs before I suggest the small loach, though.

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
I think I will do that put in a big piece of zucchini and take it out with a bunch of snails. I'll just do that a few times until the population isn't crazy.

TrashmanTodd

AC Members
Jan 27, 2002
Reno, NV
I had a complete breakout in my tank. I took a couple of dwarf puffers from another tank, and I haven't seen a snail since:D

Todd

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
I like the Skunk Botia's idea as well as the crayfish...
There are chemicals just to be rid of snails, but I don't like that option.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store