FREE Aponogeton hybrids - 28092 - shipping only

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

armada

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I've got 3 hybrid Aponogetons that have been in my tank forever. They aren't in the best condition right now due to the fact that they're being kept with cichlids, and that's why they're free. They do have a rather decent amount of algae growing on them, and will need to be dipped. They do have some very damaged leaves, which will need to be pruned. Back when the tank was a community these plants were huge and thriving, you could literally watch them grow, and they'd send off multiple flowers a day. I want them to be in an environment where they can re-gain their health and transform back to their former glory.
I'm asking that whoever wants these tell me how to ship them - I've never shipped or received anything live!
(ETA: I'm going out of town starting tomorrow and won't be able to ship for around a week. I can't promise they'll even look this good by the time I get back, as I can't find anyone to feed my fish. But hey, they're free.)

Plants are 3 out of the ones pictured on the right:

Pictures of them back in the day:

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
I can tell you how to ship them. You will want to go with usps priority shipping. I don't think heating should be a problem because it is pretty warm out. (at least where I live.) You can put them in an aquarium plant bag and just tie off the end or just a ziplock. But remember to tie it off. Wet a paper towel and leave it very moist and wrap it around the end of the plant. Also just a tip, tell the post office it is fragile.
If you are still getting rid of these I would love to grow them out in my 55 gal tank. It is currently empty!

armada

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I can tell you how to ship them. You will want to go with usps priority shipping. I don't think heating should be a problem because it is pretty warm out. (at least where I live.) You can put them in an aquarium plant bag and just tie off the end or just a ziplock. But remember to tie it off. Wet a paper towel and leave it very moist and wrap it around the end of the plant. Also just a tip, tell the post office it is fragile.
If you are still getting rid of these I would love to grow them out in my 55 gal tank. It is currently empty!
Hi, I emailed you back letting you know that if you want them, they're yours. I attempted to PM you as well but it seems you just joined and you can't PM until you have more posts.
Just a question, though.. should I use a normal priority mail box or a flat rate? And how would you pay for shipping? Or would I? I've got a Paypal if that's how ya do it.

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
Hi i will take them and pay shipping i would just send them in a priotity box the small one. just let me know how much i live in Candler N.C 28715. please send your paypal address thanks Karen

armada

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Whoever replies in the next 25 mins with their name and address gets these, and they will be sent out today. They are already bagged up and I don't want to stress them even more with unbagging them, replanting, rebagging, etc. Someone save them!

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Sorry, I had to go into town and didn't get back until recently. If it's not too late to ship them tomorrow, I'd still like them. PMed my info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store