Aquabid alternatives

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I LOVE Ned's!!! My fave of all lfs in the Boston area! As you said, rare fish, often smaller fish for a biggish price but well worth it! I got some very cool fish I would have never seen anywhere else!!

Neptunius

AC Members
Dec 16, 2011
Boston, MA
There is an awesome store just south of Boston called Uncle Ned's Fish Factory. All sorts of rare fish, incredible wild cichlids, plecos, catfish, just an awesome place. Coincidentally I was in there last night and saw a fresh batch of healthy looking Pandas come in. I'm pretty sure they do ship as I think I saw it on their website once. Not sure about costs though. Check them out though! Been going there for several years.

goodluck!
Uncle Ned's is a bit of a drive for me, but well worth it! I definitely agree with your assessment. I think it's probably the best store in MA.
I just found some Panda Corys at Lovely Pets in Quincy. I know that some people are leery of Lovely Pets (as I used to be as well), but in recent years I've had positive experiences with their staff and their fish and plants.

Reactions: The GingerFishman

The GingerFishman

AC Members
Feb 13, 2019
Quincy, MA
Uncle Ned's is a bit of a drive for me, but well worth it! I definitely agree with your assessment. I think it's probably the best store in MA.
I just found some Panda Corys at Lovely Pets in Quincy. I know that some people are leery of Lovely Pets (as I used to be as well), but in recent years I've had positive experiences with their staff and their fish and plants.

I know Lovely Pets well - I live close by so I pop in there from time to time. They have a solid variety, some interesting stuff, but Ned's is def next level. I usually take the drive over there when I want something. To me it's worth the ride and it's almost like going to a freshwater version of the New England Aquarium except you can buy the fish! hahaha Takes me about 30-35 mins to get there but I enjoy even walking around there and window shopping so I go pretty often.

Out of curiosity, what is it that you or other folks are leery about with Lovely Pets? I find that their stock can be hit or miss, but overall just for me to keep it in the back of my head when I'm shopping there, what is it that seems off?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store