Aquarium soul

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishguychris

AC Members
Nov 7, 2010
Aquarium soil ? How to clean tank after adding , water changes ? Or remove ?

image.jpg

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Um, did you add soil without a cap? just straight soil?

fishguychris

AC Members
Nov 7, 2010
Its aquarium substrate shall I change water and add gravel on top ?

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
I saw the subject, and my first thought was of male guppies chasing females while James Brown's "Sex Machine" blasted from the aquarium...

I'm sorry, I'll go away, now. :D

Astarell

AC Members
Jan 28, 2011
West Coast
Real Name
Sara
Just take a clean, unused toothbrush and wipe the soil off the sides, it'll settle back to the bottom. Don't use a cloth or something like that or you can scratch your tank though.

fishguychris

AC Members
Nov 7, 2010
I saw the subject, and my first thought was of male guppies chasing females while James Brown's "Sex Machine" blasted from the aquarium...

I'm sorry, I'll go away, now. :D
Ahahahhaha

fishguychris

AC Members
Nov 7, 2010
Just take a clean, unused toothbrush and wipe the soil off the sides, it'll settle back to the bottom. Don't use a cloth or something like that or you can scratch your tank though.
I have tried this it always floats to the top I have ordered gravel aswell to put on top

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Which brand of aquarium substrate is it? Never seen one do that before. I swear the title did say soil before....

fishguychris

AC Members
Nov 7, 2010
It's called nutribasis 6 in 1

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
UK? Interesting. I would net out the floating stuff with a fine net, drain the tank, clean the glass and cap it. I'd use sand personally but a small gravel is good too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store