Aquatraders?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
I agree, about the individual reflectors. I read somewhere that having good individual reflectors can increase light output dramatically. I don't know the exact figures, but it was a high percentage. Of course, each reflector is a little different, and the odyssea reflectors are not rounded, but squared at an angle. They're not the highest quality, but they do help a lot more than a single reflector for the entire fixture, I'm sure. I would try it, but replace the included bulbs with higher quality ones, if not right away, when the bulbs life expectancy has been reached. Which would be about six months after first usage.

hmotorsol

AC Members
Apr 25, 2008
I bought the 4 bulb individual reflector model with the timer and i have to say the bulbs were just junk. The overall quality of the fixture is great. Within 2 weeks i replaced the 2 white bulbs in the fixture with 2 giessman Aquablue+. Anyone who has not replaced the bulbs i would do so asap. You wouldn't believe the difference. The timer is a little tricky at first but easy to mess with after the initial setup.

whyzee250

AC Members
Aug 17, 2005
Salida, CA
Update: I ended up buying a 48" 2 bulb t-5 setup from them when I originally started this thread. It's still up and going with no overheating issues. Yes, the framework of the light leaves a little to be desired for, but it's good enough for now. I just regret not getting the 4 bulb instead.

Miss my puffer

AC Members
Oct 26, 2003
michigan
Visit site
One of the ballasts died in my t-5 unit and I e-mailed them to see how much a replacement would be and they couldn't tell me if they had a replacement ballast. I was kinda mad that they sell t-5 ballasts, but can't tell me if it is a plug in and go replacement for the lights they sell or what. I guess for the price I shouldn't expect them to know anything about the products they sell.

whyzee250

AC Members
Aug 17, 2005
Salida, CA
yeah, you have a point. In the long run it seems to be better to buy a quality light from a reputable company.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store