Aqueon modular LED light?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Incredible difference. I would just leave it that way most of the time, shut off the HOT5 around 5-6 pm and use only the LEDs in the evening. I doubt it makes all that much difference in your utility bill, or adds all that much heat to the tank.

Glad your team won :)

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
One thing I noticed is that you have some plants going up to the surface and then over. Because LED's are so narrowly focused any plants blocking the light at the surface will have a much greater light reducing effect than on a wider dispersion fluorescent.

Maybe that's why it looks dimmer with the LED and so much brighter with the fluorescent.

Andy

spudboy

AC Members
Jun 2, 2011
Riverside CA
Platy - Thanks for the compliments! I actually use timers on this tank. DIY moonlight then about an hour later the LEDs come on then finally about an hour after that, the t5. The process is reversed at night with a bigger window for the LEDs by themselves. The dimness of those lights, especially after watching it with the t5 on, gives it a very cool quiet duskiness that is hard to describe. It is actually my favorite time to sit and look at the display. That's usually when I get inside the tank, mentally, and swim around with my buddies. I get emotionally recharged. Better than meditating. Narwhal - I think you might have a point about the plants. That hygro grows so fast! Maybe I'll trim it down some and see what kind of difference it makes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store