Arapaima Pond Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
The pictures work great now. Very cool! :clap:

It seems huge. About how many gallons would you estimate it to be? Lucky Mr. T. I can't wait to see him in it.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
It is far larger than I expected it to be..lol... Could have used more deep spots though but digging there is limited and I don't want to put too much pressure on the liner.
I guess, from the surface dimensions 10x5 meter and average at 1 meter deep, it is about 8000 gallon for the pond itself.
Add another 2000 for the settling-tanks and the 2 bog-areas.
Might be underestimating it, but think it's a fair guess.

Have put the second bottom-drain under water and straightened out the liner a bit. Now wait a couple of hours to see if that one holds. Also have to wait for the dome to be ready, don't want to mess up the silicone under the liner by pulling too much. The dome will nicely avoid that with its weight.

If all ok, then tomorrow we'll go to 50-70%. Later today more sand on the left side and back side to bring that up to full height.
It's murderous hot there, 20 minutes and soaking in sweat. Can't wait for rain-showers here...lol

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
looks amazing dude. What color is the top-most liner going to be? white or black?

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Must be white if the drains are siliconed to it...:naughty:

Filled up to just about the air-diffuser on top of the 1st dome now.
All good, waiting to finish my lunch.
2nd Settling tank leaking somewhere at the bottom, waiting for it to drain and then check.
Hope it's an easy fix, might be somewhere at the fitting...lets see.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
thanks for making a guy feel stupid...gosh :rant2:

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
So far water level holds up in the pond itself.
Looking good. Now lets see if we can get that side up a bit more.
Tomorrow at 70% should be ok...
Hope to get that settling tank fixed...waiting for it to drain to see where it is leaking...slow long wait...

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Got the sides up where I want them...Liner now covering the whole pond...looks like exactly same overhang on both left and right side....talk about lucky guess..heheee
Filled up another couple of centimeters and now waiting for the dome-painting to finish so that one can go in first.
Then still need to fix a screw-fitting in the dome for the air-diffuser and that should be it.
Pretty sure I will have the first pump running on Saturday to test settling-tank No. 1.

Still waiting a bit for tank 2 to see where the water stops draining, to pinpoint the leak.

Cheers,
Luc

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store