Arapaima Pond Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
it all come down to what is going to keep you up at night luc. If its something that's going to just pester you then I'd just drain and do it right. I always HATE that one corner I decide to cut in a project and often time it can ruin the whole thing for me because I just cant take my mind off it.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Thanks FozzieBear, that's indeed the whole point isn't it?
Will have a look at it and see how today, want to check how deep for draining to access.

Hope also to finish to skimmer drain today. Let's see.

Fishfriend1, the poly liner is good at stretching for sure. The spot is well rounded but how much the eventual difference will be between the concrete slab and the surrounding sand, no telling...

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I demand an update! *starts rioting* :D

How did the liner stretching issue go? Did you get the skimmer drain working? How are the fishes doin?

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
I demand an update! *starts rioting* :D

How did the liner stretching issue go? Did you get the skimmer drain working? How are the fishes doin?
lol...liner has been sorted, emptied until I got to the spot, then put a folded 1 ton big-bag under the liner over that corner. First looked like a mountain under the liner, but now with water pressing it down, the problem is solved.
Skimmer connect today. Couldn't find the screws for it. So hopefully this afternoon I can start with that.
Fish are doing good.
Waiting for the nets, where supposed yesterday, then today, but now hoping for tomorrow to come in and go up.
If those nets are finally up, then Saturday move Mr. T.

Cheers,
Luc

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
good job on that liner thing...you able to rest easier now? Can't wait for the next batch of pictures.

p.s. I'm sure Mr. T could be in worse hands

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
good job on that liner thing...you able to rest easier now? Can't wait for the next batch of pictures.

p.s. I'm sure Mr. T could be in worse hands
Ellis, I sure sleep easier. Thanks for the advise, glad I followed it.
Skimmer Drain is done and ready. Filling it to the rim now to see how all holds.
Tomorrow nets go up. I changed to Nylon 100kg strong netting with 1.5 inch holes. Lot cheaper at about 170 Baht/kg and easier to get it around the pond. Saves me about 3000 Baht...good, still watching the cost carefully.

Bottom-drains work beautiful, I've checked and tried all drains/valves. Can tell you that there's a lot of pressure coming into the settling tanks.
Will need to figure best location for the pumps, as they should help in creating the vortex if placed correctly.
Cleaning out the drains and bottom-pipes is nice, lots of rubbish that comes out when opening the 2 side-valves next to each tank.
Makes for very easy cleaning I'm sure. Though I hope the bogs will do most of that already.

Cheers,
Luc

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Tomorrow the big move.
Plan is:
1. Prepare the pond, will empty it quite some again.
2. Start to empty Temp pond 3/4 down.
3. Hook everything to the forklift again.
4. Lift and empty the temp pond slowly.
5. Once up, remove all frames and lift it over the wall.
6. Slowly lower it, let it float and fill the liner again.
7. Start to open up the old liner.
8. Pray and enjoy...

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
9. prayers helped... on with the enjoy part.

He's in and happy.

And before you guys start..pictures later...lot of cleaning and other things to do first...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store