Arapaima Pond Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
That is amazing. Probably some of the clearest water he has been in his entire life.

For your next video I think it would be cool to see kind of a tour of the whole set up. I can kind of piece it together from the pics, but it would be a cool video none the less.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
That is amazing. Probably some of the clearest water he has been in his entire life.

For your next video I think it would be cool to see kind of a tour of the whole set up. I can kind of piece it together from the pics, but it would be a cool video none the less.
Thanks, tour sure will be done but only once it's done.
planning to put a slide/video together with all the pics stitched together from first catch to the finish line.

Cheers,
Luc

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Ha...the cleaning continues...This morning I switched off the air-supply for a while to see the water undisturbed. There's a green-yellowish tint still but every single bit of the pond is clear to see. The domes over the drains are holding nicely. At 30+ kg each, they are great protecting the liner-drain connections.

The blue-silver fish I added some weeks ago, are doing a great job in cleaning the bottom. They are very nice schooling fish, shooting around in a big group together over the bottom. Continuously following Mr. T. to avoid his mouth I guess...lol.
But with their help, there's no rubbish staying on the bottom. It's being thrown around all the time and eventually ends up in the drains.
Looks like Mr. T. is wondering a bit about what he can see now, but no negative effects on his behavior, maybe positive because he sees people approaching and gets less easy scared or stressed.

I'll make some videos in 2 days again to show the difference with yesterday. If it keeps going like this, you'll be amazed...
Tomorrow preparing for Saturday's jobs to do. Buy some PVC fittings, pipes and other things to make the diffuser.
Saturday adjust the liner, test and align stuff, put BigBags and diffuser in the bog and fill up with stones.
If all goes well, hopefully bring it on-line as well.

Cheers,
Luc

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
+1

But I think his plan was probably more like feed him and try to get him to swim parallel to the side so they can get a rough measurement.
Fully agree on being careful at all times, it's a wild animal, not a domestic pet...
Aside from that, he is predictable and you can anticipate his behavior pretty well.

On the measurements, not going in with a tape. Lol...
Just mark on the side when he swims parallel to the front wall.

On the way to work to see him and the pond...

Cheers,
Luc

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Back in the factory, water is definitely still clearing up.
It's getting closer to perfect, so I'm very hopeful that underwater video's and pictures will get better soon.
Mr. T. finished the prawns, so he's back to skimming the surface and gulping down the pellets.

The big group of fish has 3 or 4 different species in it, except Tilapia, they go their own way.

Overall, in one week, it's absolutely unbelievable how the water cleared from algae.
I expected at best that it would take weeks to even see it improve halfway where we are now.
First time I see a filter kicking in big time like this. It's amazing.

Was looking at the underwater video from 10 days ago, and it's all grainy and dirty..
From yesterday's video, and tomorrow I'll do another one, it's almost HD-quality...
Not too shappy for 40-50k liters of water...lol..

Preparing stuff for tomorrow...cheers,
Luc

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store