Archocentrus sajica

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

undertow

Factory sealed for your protection
Dec 4, 2002
Las Vegas,NV
Visit site
Archocentrus Sajica....

Im interested in obtaining one of these beautiful cichlids. Does anyone have any information pertaining to there water parameters,feeding habit,etc.etc.? I don't know if Jeff Rapps currently stocks this fish, but if not,i'll wait until he has it!!

I plan on putting the Sajica in a 90g. Is this acceptable? Is there any other fish that can be placed in that tank? And I am also considering acquiring a single Amphilophous Festae that will start out in a 55g,but trust me,won't be there for long!

P.S.-I've gotten a deadbolt and replaced the door. I think the tragedy that's taken place has only made my love of SA/CA cichlids grow even stronger!

Tankbusters or bust!!!:)

ScottoMacD

Charlie and Amanda's Daddy
Dec 21, 2001
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada
The sajicas are quite peaceful.

I kept them for a while and just recently traded them in to the LFS. They are nice fish with no particular needs. Decent flake food with some frozen every now and then and they will be happy.

Mine were always the first to meet me at the front of the tank at feeding time.

A red terror would be exactly that to the sajica. A terror.

I wouldn't put them in together as tankmates. I don't think that the sajica would last to long.
They aren't even close to being in the same weight divison as the terror.

Mine shared a tank with numerous fish over the years.
Severums
blue acaras
different catfish
plecos
red tail shark
rainbow cichlids
festivums
red pendex

Hope this helps you out.

Some others but nothing really aggressive.

undertow

Dec 4, 2002
Las Vegas,NV
Visit site
This is good news as I want at least one peaceful/semi-aggresive tank. Do you know the max length of the Sajica? Im considering maybe one or two Gold Severums and some corydoras or clown loaches to fill out the bottom....Thanks for the info!

ScottoMacD

Charlie and Amanda's Daddy
Dec 21, 2001
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada
Sajicas get about 3 to 4 inches. Mine never got bigger than 3 inches though.

Depending on the size of the tank you could put 3 or 4 in there.

If you want to add some contrast to the tank bottom a couple of yo-yo loaches would also work nice with the fish that you are thinking of getting.

undertow

Dec 4, 2002
Las Vegas,NV
Visit site
3-4",that seems sorta small from the pics I've seen...ah well. I am torn now. Part of me wants to go all out Tankbusters! While my hippie side says to get something mellow. The Festae is a definite yes...(1 point- tankbusters,0 points-mellows)

I've got a 30g,43g,55g,and a 90g. Hope to get either a 60-75g for a couple other projects I have in mind!!:)

Oh,yes. Cant forget the 10 and 20g!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store