are my frogs are retarded

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NY Detailer

AC Members
Mar 2, 2004
www.NYPerfectDetailing.com
are my frogs retarded?

Today i was watching my frogs swim all the way up to the top of tank (which is the funniest thing i have ever seen) grab some floating worm stuff, then swim down head first right into the rocks. They were swimming down so fast that i actually heard the frogs head hit the rocks. After all the food was gone, they continued to do this for about 1/2hr. Swim all the way up and then go as fast as they can head first into the rocks.

Anyone have any idea what the hell they are doing? Are they trying to commit suicide? They better not be trying to get out, otherwise my wife will kill me.

Thanks.

Last edited:

maigen

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
ontario canada
Visit site
my frogs act totally retarded all the time. that's what makes them the best thing i have in my tank.

they are either floating around in the spread eagle pose which i like to call the zen state or going from top to bottom as fast as they can. right now i have a breeder net in my tank for molly fry that were born on xmas eve. this is there most fav spot to hang out. they cram themselves in between the netting & the glass & just sit there squashed for hours at a time. not sure what i'm going to do when the fry are big enought to let out?!?!?!?

i find that they are more active if there are more of them in the tank. they don't really school or hang together but they swim around alot more since i upped my 2 to 4

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store