Are these species okay together?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
giving advice to a beginner saying that species might not work well together, is still good advice.

someone starting up is not likely to have another tank ready for more inhabitants if things turn south.

quoting rules of an inch per gallon is pretty much useless. for example, I have a 12 gallon aquarium, it is 36x8x10" It is not an appropriate home for a 12" fish, one would not be able to turn around and would not be living any sort of appropriate life.

My personal experience has been to keep gourami and angels in a 90g, there were 2 of each, and it worked. I personally wouldn't go lower than a 75g aquarium with this mix of fish.. but that's me. If you don't have an alternative to home 1/more of the fish, again I would not do that.

personally I would go with a single peaceful species. tp get your feet wet and getting used to keeping an aquarium, if it works well for the fish and for you, I would go from there and try something that might be a little less peaceful.

Finally, take ALL opinions here with a grain of salt... you cannot necessarily trust people at first, especially when they are anonymous on the internet... over time you will get to know who's opinion is trustworthy, and who knows what they are talking about, and who's is not. Use the information here as a starting point, or as a piece of information, don't let it be your entire research. read about it, look around, and make up your own minds. You'll get some good advice here, but chances are you will get some that is bad also.

Reactions: jbradt

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Finally, take ALL opinions here with a grain of salt....
Table salt or aquarium salt? So confused with all this internet stranger advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store