Assassin Snail behavior

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mysterysnaildude

AC Members
May 7, 2021
I bought 5 baby assassin snails 3 weeks ago. He sent 10 to account for any that may not make it during shipment. They were very tiny. About the size of a sesame seed and 10 total. I saw them crawl away and I haven't seen them since. Is this normal? How long will it take for them to come out if even alive? Meanwhile I'm getting over run by pond snails. The one time I think I saw one of them was when I introduced my mystery snail. A tiny snail came out and started chasing him around and then lost interest. Is there a rest in can do? This is a 10 gallon plantef betta tank with mopani and no artificials .

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Hello. Welcome to AC.

Even adult assassin snails spend a lot of time buried and hidden. You may not see them for weeks or months as small as those are. I've had baby assassin snails just appear out of no where at about 1/4" long, and I never even knew they were there until then.

WYite

Reactions: dudley

Mysterysnaildude

AC Members
May 7, 2021
Hello. Welcome to AC.

Even adult assassin snails spend a lot of time buried and hidden. You may not see them for weeks or months as small as those are. I've had baby assassin snails just appear out of no where at about 1/4" long, and I never even knew they were there until then.

WYite
Thanks!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store