At work Secret Santa got me fish!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
a knock on my office and who does appear? a employee with a bag of fish that's what lol. He said it was from my secret Santa and inside were 3 angel fish and some plastic floating lotus plants. anyhow here are some pics, a bit nipped up one of them has an injury to his/her chin.

Don't think my harlquins nipped them but I was not home to add them into the tank, the g/f had to because I couldn't leave work. They sat in the bag in my office for 5hrs. This morning they are swimming and eating and are making a great center piece fish in the tank.

DSC_0309.JPG DSC_0314.JPG DSC_0311.JPG DSC_0312.JPG DSC_0315.JPG

ishot811

AC Members
Oct 21, 2010
Virginia
Real Name
John
Nice gift...congrats...

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Can I be simultaneously stunned at the beauty of the fish and the thoughfulness of the gift, while being horrified at the notion of giving live animals away in an office arrangement like this? :)

btw nguyenD, what is the substrate in that tank? That is exactly the black I've been looking for. All the ones I have tried have wound up looking gray/brown after awhile, if not straight out of the bag or bucket.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Can I be simultaneously stunned at the beauty of the fish and the thoughfulness of the gift, while being horrified at the notion of giving live animals away in an office arrangement like this? :)
This. I discourage pets as gifts, simply because very seldom will the gifted pet be appropriate. What would happen if you had a 10 gallon tank? Or a prized school of chili rasboras? I'm hoping that somehow, you indicated that this is a gift you'd like rather than a co-worker knowing you liked fish and picking something out without your input.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store