Babies right now

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Very cool with the hoplos. Geez the emperors have gotten big since those first slivers!

WYite

Reactions: Adorabelle

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Very cool with the hoplos. Geez the emperors have gotten big since those first slivers!

WYite
I knooooow! It was bittersweet sending them off to new homes too. They take forever to grow at the same time grow too fast lol you want them to grow fast in the early days, but then it's like nooo I don't want them to go yet lol

OK, I might need circling again, lol. I saw 1 fry I'm sure of...

I wish we lived in the same country, I'd love to have F-1 hoplos. Any more breeding action with them?
The male has been pushing around floaters and loose plant leaves again, I check and see but no new spawns yet. Females are chunky again too. So perhaps in a matter of time.

Here's a microscope view through the tote wall of one of the fry for you then lol
20210521_145625.jpg

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
NoodleCats NoodleCats , You should try breeding betters. I'm attempting to do it right now

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
She does breed "better" species. I believe her hoplo catfish are a first! & she's had many cooler species breed for her as well. NoodleCats has the hang of breeding other fish too. We all can learn from NC's successes, she's got the knack!

Reactions: Adorabelle

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
NoodleCats NoodleCats , You should try breeding betters. I'm attempting to do it right now
If I went into breeding bettas, I'd want a wild pair :)

I do have a pair of sparkling gouramis who breed themselves so much I risk oversaturating my local market haha
Theyre very similar to bettas, both in behavior and breeding.

She does breed "better" species. I believe her hoplo catfish are a first! & she's had many cooler species breed for her as well. NoodleCats has the hang of breeding other fish too. We all can learn from NC's successes, she's got the knack!
The hoplos spawned this morning again.

Same details as last time:
On a floating anubias leaf and a cold front moved through yesterday.
20210524_111450.jpg

I do know that my breeding report is the first and only one thus far on Planet Catfish, a few other sources claim they are commercially bred but don't give any details away (meaning probably done via artificial hormone induction). Seems home breedings are not a thing with these guys.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
The shots of the hoplos are great!

I've always thought Betta channoides and B. macrostoma are cool looking fish. I would love to breed tetras and cories, but alas, my water is too hard...

WYite

Reactions: NoodleCats

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Hoplo eggs.
20210524_220700.jpg

Also my trilineatus cories spawned today too, collected a handful of eggs as well.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
You are going to need a lot more grow-out tanks pretty soon. :D That leaf looks like it holds between 75 and 100 eggs (Maybe more)? It could be worse, I suppose, you could be breeding angels and getting many 100's of eggs every few weeks. :p

I would love to send you some B&W Xingu Hypans to try your hand at. But, I do not ship internationally.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store