Baby Betta Pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kveeti

Easily amused
Jun 12, 2002
Winnipeg, MB
I LOVE the colour on the last one! I also love his little puggy nose. Bettas are such lovely fish.

How many babies in total do you have? And how in the world will you bear to part with any of them???

rjl420

AC Members
May 13, 2002
Temecula, CA
photos.yahoo.com
nice brood MQP!

I have just taken up breeding bettas. I currently have 3 males and 2 females (one of which is very nice! all white with a red and blue tail). the females are all still somewhat young though, but one of them has the little "white spot" that means she is ready to spawn right? should I add the male to the females tank or vice versa?

on a side note, you have any thoughts about treating a fungus? it just appeared overnight and spread over one whole side of his body. currently I'm just giving him a salt bath every 2 hours and changing his water 3 times a day (I've placed him back in the little jar for now).

thanks for sharing the pics!

TheMightyQueenPixie

Best Invention EVER!
Apr 16, 2002
Barrie, ON. Canada
www.baycitybettas.com
RJL: The white spot just means she is a female...If you condition her like crazy for 2 weeks and place her near a mail (not in the tank) she will get some strong vertical stripes if she is ready...There are some other things that the females do, but that is the most obvious. Check out www.bettatalk.com for a ton of info on breeding. Re the fungus thing, I have never had it, but I have heard that the "jungle fungas cure" is good...Maintaining excellent water quality is very important in avoiding alot health problems with these fish.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
nice fish queen...that 1st one is going to be a real beauty!..they all look great.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store