Baby Snail

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

StarieNite

AC Members
Jul 9, 2009
A while back I posted about some frogs my brother in law gave my kids and it came with a snail. Well around 07/02 it died, all I found was the empty shell.
Last night when I was feed the frogs I found a itsy bitsy little snail. My daughter was very upset when Shelldon died and is love with Baby Shelldon.

I was hoping that some tips on how to keep this little guy kicking to give and if anyone knows what kind of snail he is?
This was parent.

Betta Bob

AC Members
Jun 24, 2010
M.D.
Pic 1 looks like a pond snail, and it could have hitched a ride on one of your plants.
Before long you will be asking how to get rid of them.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
I agree. The first pic looks like a hitchhiker pond snail. The second looks like possibly a small brigg or mystery snail. I don't think that is the parent of the other....

StarieNite

AC Members
Jul 9, 2009
How long can a pond snail egg incubate before hatching? I know zero about snails and the reason I ask is that the plants they came from don't have never had a snail problem and are over a year old.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
I am not sure how long they incubate. I do have pond snails show up out of the blue all the time though, and that is def a pond snail in the first pic. I was looking back at your old threads, and the first snail is def a brigg. Briggs are sexual, they have to have another male or female to mate and they lay HUGE pink clutches above the water line so you would have seen it. I am sorry you lost the first snail. If you have pond snails then in no time you will likely have LOADS of baby shelddons. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store