Back in the game

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Steave

AC Members
Jun 12, 2009
Hello all, It's been almost 4 years since I last posted a topic on AC under the name "Fishdude." I'm pleased to say that I've finally got back onto the fish-keeping scene with a 46gal bowfront. Here's what I've got set up:

2F 1M Blue Ram
2F 1M Gold Ram
2 Pictus Cats
5 LARGE zebra danios

The water usually stays at 82F with a PH of 6.8, I've got a Topfin 60 filter and two powerheads. Here are a few pics:

Feeding time!

The blue ram male, for some reason his fin looks really ragged here... it isn't that bad in reality. It was just a side effect of being so cramped in the dealer tank. Lots of fin biting!

Same fish as last shot

Male gold ram

Same as last

Pictus

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

[edit] Here's one I just took of two of the blues facing off, the water got a little cloudy for some reason...

Last edited:

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
I love blue rams! awsome shot mans! i like the tank set up too!

angyles

AC Members
Nov 4, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
thats a lot of males in that tank with no females. i would split them up into separate tanks and get each one a girl.

all three of them look awesome though. the ragged fins will heal in no time, given he doesnt get into to many fights with the other males.
In the stock list he said he has 2F and 1M of each.

Steave

AC Members
Jun 12, 2009
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

In the stock list he said he has 2F and 1M of each.
That's what I was supposed to end up with. I have a sneaking suspicion one of my female gold rams decided it wanted to try out the male life..

Would you guys say that the tank is stocked out? It seems like it's missing fish in the top level and I want something a little more interesting than the Danios. The do, however, need to be large enough to not get eaten by the pictus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store