Bala sharks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ArkyLady

Addict In Training
Nov 27, 2002
Arkansas
Bala sharks are definitely not carnivores, or else my bala shark is insane :D Sure he loves his blood worms and that used to be his preferred food, but he now is crazy for the zuccini I've been feeding to my pl*co. I can put the zuccini slice in there and within a few hours the bala shark has it eaten down to the rind lol

BV77

AC Members
Nov 30, 2002
Palmer, Alaska
Visit site
balas

I got my balas 4 years ago. They were less than 2" then. Now they are 8". You're gonna need a big tank for them....the bigger they get, the smaller the tank is to them and they get skiddish when there is rapid movement . They realize they are in a confined enviornment and that a possible predator and they have no way to get away. My balas have never touched any plants at all.

dpmac10

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Nebraska
Visit site
hey whats up i have one bala shark and he is about 5 inche's long and he nibles on my plants i don't know if he eating them or not but it looks like it so i would say they do and i have also heard from two local lfs that they do eat some plants.

wishmaster

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd get at leased 2 more balas, They like the company of there own and are more likely to act nervouse and dart around with only one bala in the tank. They are very good jumpers so be careful and cover the top of your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store