Bala sharks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kevin714

Registered Member
Dec 21, 2002
Visit site
They would be going in my 90 gallon(4x2), I'm also setting up a 180 in 2003(6x2). I'm not sure I want them though and may wait on a pink tail chalceus. I need something big enough to not be eaten by a snakehead or asian redtail and also won't eat my plants.

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Bear in mind snakeheads and asian redtails will eat anything that fits their mouths,anything slim.

wishmaster

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
I have never owned a redtail cat but I know they eat anything. I do however know about snakeheads and there is nothing I would put in there with him. Personal experience I had Two clown knifes each around 12" and a 8" red snakehead. They were all one big happy family for about month. Then one day I got home and one of the clown knifes was gone. All that remained was his head. The other clown knife was hiding in the corner of the tank behind some java moss. I figured maybe I wasn't feeding the snakehead enough so I increased his daily intake of food but 3 days later I came home again and found the mid section torn out of the remaining CK. In a nutshell snakeheads IMO kill just to kill, they don't want anything in or around them. However, I still to this day keep a pleco in with my snakehead, they seem to get along okay.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store