Ballast and CF Bulb Wattage

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
I told you you can use sheets pf white paperon the glass under the lights. The paper gets warm but never catches fire or smokes. The biggest issue is that the lids get wet during maint. and sometimes the paper hets wet. it dries fast. I prefer to use the legal size paper. It lasts a long time. I am putting thus under 55w t5 power compacts which I bought from AH Supply before LEDs put them out of business.

However, my favorite bulbs are still the full spectrum high CRI T-8 fluors. They make colors pop and plants love them.

tackful

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
Sausalito, CA
Have now raised the light up to 5" above the water and growth seems to have slowed some , at least in the wisteria, so that is promising. When first raising the light I also lowered c02 output to match, but some algae slime then developed on the surface and plants , so now the co2 is back up to its previous level. .May take some time to regain the balance with a much higher light.
Never tired using white paper under the light. Will keep that in mind.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store