Bally's 40B

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
How many powerheads do you have in there? What sizes?

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I have the new one and koralia 240 nano.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Yikes I have the 1400,750,550 and 240 and I can't get the flow I want lol

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
^Invest in a Vortech and you'll get what you want in terms of flow. I'm not an Ecotech fanboy and I don't have a ton of $ to blow on equipment. I was fortunate to get an MP-10 for next to nothing and what that one pump has done for my tank has been phenomenal. I have bought no less than 5 Koralias and if I could go back, knowing what I know now, I would have bought the vortech without hesitation.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I nearly spit my coffee out seeing that price.... Lol

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
In fairness, for the options you get and the product itself the price isn't all that bad.

It's all about what the individual can afford to spend though. Personally I'd rather not sleep on the couch for a couple weeks so I wouldn't buy one. :laugh:

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
My 6 line wrasse seems to be having some sort of issue. She is hiding much more than usual, is breathing with her mouth open and rapid gill movements, and is almost pulsing in place. No side to side twitching but front to back almost like she is antsy. I did an emergency water change of 5 gal ( all i had at the time as my LFS is closed tues/wed ) and I'm going to be doing one again tonight. She appears to have some spots on her but I can't see her long enough to tell if they are bits of sand/rock from swimming through them or ich. I did note that the spots do not glow under actenic light. I tried to feed, but couldn't tell for certain if she is eating, I am leaning towards that she wasn't. She seemed better last night, not twitch or gasping as much but still had her mouth open. I saw her briefly this morning and she had a "fuzz" on her mouth, but I can't confrim if that was stuck to her or if it was just something from her poking around in the rock. I will check when I get home and hopefully have more details. :'(

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Params are 0,0 <5
All the other fish are corals are doing great. Only exception being my leather, but who knows with those things...they're leathers.

I just checked on her and she appears normal. No more twitching or gasping. Bit erratic swimming but it appears to only be in the path of the power head.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store