BBA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
Hallo,
I had been using the Dupla reactor and need to find an American indicator fluid replacement.
Thanks

So you're just looking for the green fluid correct. There are several vendors that sell it online (ebay)

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
I think green at 5dKH equals 40PPM co2. Drop checkers aren't 100% super accurate but very very close and usually read a bit below what the co2 actually is in the tank.a green DC @ 4DKH = 30ppm, but it is probably closer to 35-40ppm. Green DC @ 5dKH = 40PPM but is probably closer to 45-50PPM. If your tank water really is something closer to 7dKH and you manage to get a green drop checker, your fish will probably be dead.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
i always thought that's what the co2 charts best uses were. choose your target co2 ppm, grab your pure water, match the kh and keep your dc'er green to stay on target.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
Hello, chiming in, even though it's my nap-time.
If I remember correctly, the German Dupla instructions say that if you have the CO-2 indicator fluid showing the green color, your Ph is at 7.
Is this different in the American indicators?

DGC

All in One
May 8, 2010
London
Real Name
Darrell
I make my own 4dkh water, i take distilled water and then add bicarb of soda, it is tricky and you need to test it about 4 to 5 times but i got mine to 4dkh in about 4 tests and now i have half a liter in the fridge i tested it after about six months and its still on 4dkh.

i put some of this water in the drop checker and add 7 drops ph test solution, works like a bomb.

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
Hey DJDR how is the BBA? Update. I would like to know because I have it as well and before I go in with the scissors and H2o2 I would like to see if cranking up the co2 did anything for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store