Beautiful Natural Aquarium Pictures?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goldfries

AC Members
Oct 11, 2001
Malaysia
www.briancyc.com
Ken91gsxCichlid and plants don't go together very well.
with that, comes my rocky setup for my oscar. it's exactly the same as the 15gal that my Oscar used to stay in.

now he's got the same design, but a 65gal tank. though it's a simple design, it's really enjoyable to see the inhabitants enjoying the tank.

btw whatever your tank setup is like, make sure you and your fish like it (and enjoy it).

also do remember that sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side. :p

hopefully one day i'll be able to design tanks that look like how you people did it.

Rare Cichlids

I'm In Bloom
Dec 2, 2000
Visit site
Thanks for replying everyone.

Fishiebusiness, those tanks are very nice. But nearly everyone is heavily planted. So many delicate plants wouldn't last 5 minutes with my fish. But I'm glad you posted the link. I really liked the single Malawi setup. Very nice. And the "Judges"(?) that posted comments at the bottom of each page......., the one in the middle was hillarious because He was always like "The drift wood should be more off center, the plants should be more terraced, and your amazons are so big they distract from the rest of the tank!", while the the other 2 were nearly always like "WOW! Amazing aquascapeing. I've never seen Amazons so big! Keep up the good work!"

Ken91gsx, your tanks are very attractive to me. I love your fish to. But again so many nice plants wouldn't last with a couple of 12" Midas or such,......their just like bull dozers. But I did get some ideas from your tanks.

Thanks again everyone.

ADAMHANK

AC Members
Feb 12, 2002
Austintown, OH
Re: My 65 gal Predatory plant tank

Originally posted by Ken91gsx
Cichlid and plants don't go together very well. I would try Java Moss on driftwood w/ black gravel.
Here is a picture of my 65 Datnioid plant tank. The largest fish is 6" w/ a total of 9 fish all together. The tank set-up is about 7 month old.

how do you keep your java moss so green?
mine is a darker green.....any tips?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store