Because I'm a man....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car I will fiddle with a wire clothes hanger and ignore your suggestions that we call a road service until long after hypothermia has set in.

Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop the hood and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be able to fix these things, but now with all these computers and everything, I wouldn't know where to start." We will then drink beer.

Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold I need someone to bring me soup and take care of me while I lie in bed and moan. You never get as sick as I do, so for you this isn't an issue.

Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic groceries at the store, like milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic items like "Cumin" or "Tofu." For all I know these are the same thing. And never, under any circumstances, expect me to pick up anything for which "feminine hygiene product" is a euphemism.

Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances stop working I will insist on taking it apart, despite evidence that this will just cost me twice as much once the repair person gets here and has to put it back together.

Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a whole show looking for it (though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator).

Because I'm a man, I don't think we're all that lost, and no, I don't think we should stop and ask someone. Why would you listen to a complete stranger, I mean, how the heck could he know where we're going?

Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't.

Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With the belt or without it looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?

Because I'm a man—and this is, after all, the 21st Century—I will share equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the gardening, the cleaning, and the dishes. I'll do the rest.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Tyler718 said:
.....(though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fishsmurf

I'm not as cute as this....
Nov 27, 2002
Bahrain
Visit site
Tyler718 said:
Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't.
:bowing: :bowing: This one rings so true in our house.... ;D

chunksofpoooo

sloth loves chunk
Sep 16, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Tyler718 said:
Because I'm a man, I don't think we're all that lost, and no, I don't think we should stop and ask someone. Why would you listen to a complete stranger, I mean, how the heck could he know where we're going?
I prefer to call them "adventure-routes", not "i have no idea where the crap we're going, ive never been so lost in my life-routes."

Best adventure route i can remember:
ended up getting off highway, spent 45min looking for store, realized that if we stayed on highway another 3exits we would have saved 40min.

Last edited:

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
chunksofpoooo said:
I prefer to call them "adventure-routes", not "i have no idea where the crap we're going, ive never been so lost in my life-routes."
I have taken many of them kind of trips. Every couple of years I get sent somewhere else to live. So to get familar with the area I would just get in the car and drive. It seems I always get off the beaten path a bit, but I learn the area pretty well.

I think the funniest was when I first moved to California. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton (Oceanside) and just started driving. Not sure how, but by a couple of hours later I ended up just north of the border down in Chula Vista. Once I found my way bay to I-5 knew how to get back to Oceanside.

I did get seriously lost in LA once though. I was coming back from Venice Beach with some buddies. Needless to say, we took some miss calculated turns and got seriously lost. After about an hour we ended right back at Venice Beach. I'm just glad I wasn't driving that day.

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
Dangerdoll said:
hehehe, T.... why don't you ever get lost on I-95 North?? ;)
I did once. I stopped at this house that had a black ranger parked out front to ask for directions, but they wouldn't answer the door because they thought I was a solicitor. :D

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
Dangerdoll said:
MAN!! what side of the house was the driveway on, T, had that been my house... you never woulda left ;)
I swear it was. The drive way was on the left. :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store