Best aqueon filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I would go with the Aqueon 30 myself. That's what I use on most of my tanks. I just rinse the cartridge out once a week and replace it once a month. You can get a 12 pack of cartridges on Amazon for $22 so you are talking about $2 a month for cartridge costs.

chickenlady, do your clamshell holders go all the way to the bottom? There is a key feature on the bottom of the filter that the cartridge and holster slide into. If your clamshell holders do not go around this key feature the cartridge will not go all the way to the bottom and water can bypass under the cartridge and back into the tank unfiltered.

Thought you should know.

Andy

chickenlady

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
Shoot, anyhoo, they go exactly where the disposable ones do, so nothing is really different, except I am saving a lot of money on cartridges.

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
i personally use aqueons with my own media in them. i like the submerged pump design, makes them quieter IMO. as for size i would go with the biggest one you can afford/fit on the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store