Best online aquarium supply store?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bushkill

Registered Member
Dec 1, 2011
Bushkill, PA
Real Name
Angelo
When it comes to the truly generic stuff, there isn't a whole lot of breathing room between prices on any of them. But Ken's sells one of the widest arrays of foods and meds I've seen anywhere though, and I can attest to the quality. There aren't many places you can find astaxanthin, spirulina powder and low-quantity shipping supplies under one roof.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I shop a variety of places. Ken's as has been mentioned. I always look at Thatpetplace....but always end up ordering from somewhere else. Usually they are not the cheapest....and it may not be actual item price but shipping price that makes it more. I also have bought quite a bit from Bigalsonline. They usually have great prices and almost always a shipping deal. Same for petmountain.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Foster and Smith has the bulk of my money. I usually order from them when I have several items to purchase and their shipping rates are among the best.

Bushkill

Registered Member
Dec 1, 2011
Bushkill, PA
Real Name
Angelo
Kens offers the best prices combined with reasonable and speedy shipping policies. Kens is the best for me.
Aside from the fact that there's a lot of difficult to find / unique items to go with the everyday needs, I can also attest to the quick shipping. I think they are about a 5 or 6 hour drive, but UPS ground ends up being overnight service for me in most cases. 2 days worst case.

mesto

There's a FISH in the percolator!
Apr 28, 2012
I've only once ordered online, AZ aquatic gardens. I was really, really displeased. First of all, I got my order in a mere minutes too late to go out that week (you have to order by like noon on Monday for it to go out that week), so I ended up having to wait like almost 2 weeks to get my stuff even though shipping was exorbitant. When it arrived, half the shrimp were dead, and the other half looked ill and died quickly after being put in my tank. Most of the plants were totally melted, like brown and squishy. Portions of mosses were miniscule for what they were charging, and not attached to screen or anything so they were just like tiny wads all smashed up. I did the best I could removing dead tissue and replanting the best looking parts of all plants but 8 months later I think only one Java fern survived out of an order of plants and shrimp that cost like $125.ETA - this is live material of course. I have ordered from amazon for equipment, ferts, and food quite a bit and have usually been quite happy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store