Best place to purchase a 180 gallon aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbarr

AC Members
Feb 19, 2018
Where is the best place to purchase a 180 gallon glass aquarium? Which company makes the best quality aquarium?

Thanks

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Quality is in the viewpoint and pocketbook of the buyer..... ;)

A source...

http://www.glasscages.com

They do deliver in a way to the nearest shows they attend...listed on their site...saves on shipping for sure.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
If something custom from a large manufacturer, I would likely suggest custom aquariums.

But if you are in Richmond, have you tried contacting the James River aquarium society? They are the best bet to put you in touch with someone locally

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I don't see the wonderfulness of low iron glass, it may be my aging eyes. & with balas you probably don't want a rimless open topped tank.

I'm cheap, I'd probably go with a Petco/smart 1. Acrylics often have very wide rims that limit filtration & other options. I was given a 55g 1 & gave it away rather than deal with its issues.

I like the suggestion of joining a local club to at least see other people's set ups. Plus you may find a "deal" on a used 1. There's also craigslist, you're in a fairly big market area, but you need an idea of what is acceptable to you, at what price & what that may include that you'd actually want to use.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
A 180 gallon is a stock Aqueon size. You can probably find one at any local pet store or they should be able to order it for you. Petco and Petsmart do not carry that size so you are probably out of luck there.

Reactions: FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
My local Petsmarts sometimes have Aqueon 6ft 125g tank/stand combos in stock (or are they 120g?) Something to go look at anyway, or call to see if they have them and what they can order.

I realize the OP wants to see a 180g, but this would give him an idea.

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
I can see we are missing the days of the local pet and fish store.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store