Best way for feeding frozen/live bloodworms

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chunksofpoooo

sloth loves chunk
Sep 16, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Does anyone have any opinions on the best way to feed their puffers Bloodworms? Im thinking about buying a cone worm feeder and was wondering if they're any good.

And whats the best way to prepare frozen bloodworms? I heard it was important to rinse them off after thawing them to remove all the juice.

Cearbhaill

Reads the Gribble Report
Mar 22, 2003
South Florida USA
Visit site
I train all of my fish to use cone feeders- I really like them. They allow the worms to be available without all sinking and being lost. I use two different feeding locations to disperse the aggression.

Just thaw them and blot lightly.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I have cone feeders on all my tanks. Doesn't work for frozen though. Make sure you rins worms well, in a brine shrimp net.

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
Oh..i thought u just fed them the cube while it was still forzen....GAH! MY FISH ARE GONNA DIE!

Do i just thaw it naturally in a net and rinse? Or do i thaw in a net and blot with a napkin or something...

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Just rinse in a brine shrimp net & feed.

Megatron

Dog trainer
Nov 22, 2004
Toronto canada
At work we put the frozen food in a specimen cup pour some warm water on it to speed the thawing process. Once its thaw we rinse in a brine net then put it back in the cup and use a syringe to squirt small amount into each tank. It works well plus you can easily see exactly how much you are feeding. I think most drug stores have them or else pet stores have them for feeding kittens and such.

kimbm04r

AC Members
Feb 4, 2005
Warsaw, IN.
Real Name
Myra
Just a quick note. If you have any allergies be very careful when feeding bloodworms. I have allergies (have never been tested) but have reactions to fresh mown hay, grass and things that smell flowery. When I was raising Bettas I got the freeze dried bloodworms and had an allergic reaction to them. I recently bought some frozen ones to feed my African Dwarf Frog and after feeding them my right eye started itching, burning, watering and almost swelled shut. I have given them to a friend that doesn't have any allergies of any kind.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store