Betta and Dwarf Honey Gourami?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

echoofformless

Peat Advocate & Defender Of Snails
Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
They're active, yes...but they don't need to have "new" areas to explore all the time. Fish psychology isn't complex enough to cause boredom with monotony.

Think of it this way - when you go for a walk would it matter to your body if it around a room, or on a long flat paved trail so long as you walked the same speed for the same amount of time? Only in your mind would it matter as you'd be bored with the room.

As long as the cory has enough room to move, they probably don't give the slightest bit whether or not the scenery repeats itself as they swim the perimeter of the tank. They just need to be able to swim, forage, and have places to rest away from the other fish and out of the light.

A 10g with a betta gives them more than ample accommodations if you ask me. Naturally I'm not a cory so I can't answer you factually - but I would think it a hard press to find corys who would be notably unhappy in a well kept tank of ten gallons.

hope4peace

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
White Mountains of NH
Real Name
Amanda
Hmmm.. I might get some pygmy cories. but I will wait until I have my large tank set up, that way I have extra room for them if it doesn't work out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store