Betta dying?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Allison Reed

Sushi Lovin' Aquarist
Dec 3, 2002
Vancouver, wa
Visit site
Lately my male betta, stanley, has not been recovering from fin rot. It's been a month, and I've treated him seperatly with aquarium salt AND melaFX...no recovering AT ALL. His fins are just getting worse and worse, and he has just started to have those pinsized hole sin his head, which I've guessed is HitH. I've placed him in a medicine tank..he's been sluggish, lahying on the bottom, showing little interest to females he might see during transfer.
Might he be dying? I'm treating him with mefafix and salts again...but it's shown no effectiveness. I'm gonna try and get a medicine for hole in the head tomorrow, if I can get to the store in time..
Any ideas? He was acting perfectly fine in his 10. None of the other fish have hiTH...

pierre_john

AC Members
Sep 20, 2000
Smithers, BC, Canada
I think that you are doing all that you can, the only other suggestion that I can give you is to ensure that you do water changes every other day and continue with the medicine regime until he is healthy again.

Best of luck,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store