Betta fin rot

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettalover123

AC Members
Jan 20, 2021
So my betta has had fin rot for a month now and nothing I'm doing seems to work. As a last resort I followed a youtube video to use seachem kanaplex and jungle fungus clear. So I had a question my bettas extremely stressed now and he refuses to be in the open water and he likes to hide is that normal for a sick fish? Also I'm guessing that my betta is cutting himself on the aquarium décor as its pretty rugged.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I would not recommend kanaplex mixed with some weird other stuff. This would deteriorate his health even more and could lead to death and if you are *certain* you want to go medication way i would suggest using Microbe Lift Artemiss. This has saved my betta from columnaris. Or water changes thus improving water quality.

what decor r u talking about? Those fake plastic nasties (sorry couldnt help myself LOL) will certainly rip his fins and cause finrot if water quality is off.

can you provide info on these please (are essential!):

- filter?
- tank size?
- cycled?
- numbers for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store