Betta Fish Water Conditioner

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
In my and other peoples experience bettas do best at a temp of around 75 degrees Pending you are feeding good food, most people reccomend fish like discus need very hot water when it’s the food they were being fed at fry that makes them need hot water

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
You can use wild driftwood and pebbles as hardscape just make sure it isn’t jagged as your water pets can tear their fins on it

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
And 10 gives you tankmate options too. a good start would be purchasing a aqua clear 20 or a quality sponge filter and then a bag of washed play sand and then a 10 gallon aquarium with nothing extra
+1

And some nice and begginer friendly live plants :)

I use API tap water conditioner, which is no stress coat. I heard that aloe vera that is in stress coat or tetra’s aqua safe will harm fishes gills overtime.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Hello! I am trying to save up money to get a betta fish and was wondering if they can use a regular water condition(In my case API Stress Coat) or if they need a special betta water conditioner.
Thanks!
API is fine, I use Tetra, but any dechlorinator will work for bettas

Reactions: Sprinkle

Arthur11

AC Members
Jul 13, 2021
I have changed the water in my betta bowl a lot and used betta water conditioner to make sure my fish is still doing well. My betta doesn't seem to show any ill effects from the water, and that's a good sign. It effectively neutralizes all traces of chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals from my tap water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store