Betta in an aquarium with sand?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wackorash84

AC Members
Nov 3, 2010
UK
That was the start of it all. Hence why I started the thread here to get some clarity.

Yay, though. No issues. Now I'll add another pic soon.

I've added a plant. It looks nice but didn't get the name of the plant.

IMAG0196.jpg

wackorash84

AC Members
Nov 3, 2010
UK
Just found out the name of the plant from the picture above!

It's a Limnophila Sessiflora. I also bought 2 Anubias Nana and 1 Java Fern attached to a driftwood.

I'll attach a picture shortly. :)

wackorash84

AC Members
Nov 3, 2010
UK
Just found out the name of the plant from the picture above!

It's a Limnophila Sessiflora. I also bought 2 Anubias Nana and 1 Java Fern attached to a driftwood.

I'll attach a picture shortly. :)
Pic of Day 7 of my Betta aquarium with added plants (no fishys)

IMAG0200.jpg

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
IMO, looks way better without the bridge. just needs more plants!

you'll want to get that anubias out of the pot and attach it to the driftwood as well (anubias don't like to be buried in the substrate).

wackorash84

AC Members
Nov 3, 2010
UK
Thanks BettaFishMummy.
Did not know that anubias don't like to be planted in the substrate. Need to figure something out since the current driftwood is only small. Maybe need to put the bridge back inside and attach the anubias to it. However, you are right, it looks better without the bridge......

What about tying it to something else, like a porcelain 'n' shaped ornament?

A little concerned about adding more plants since the heater has taken quite a bit of space at the other end of the aquarium.

abisheridee

fish noob!
Nov 21, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
I keep my bettas on sand as it's good for my cory cats :) Never had a problem although I suspect my filter is picking some of it up and spraying it over the tank as I've just bought a new betta and he looks like he's got loads of it stuck to him.. Worried it might be something else but don't want to hijack the thread!

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
you could use some sewing thread and tie the anubias to a decent size rock. then bury the rock in the substrate so you don't see it, while keeping the anubias unburied.

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
I keep my bettas on sand as it's good for my cory cats :) Never had a problem although I suspect my filter is picking some of it up and spraying it over the tank as I've just bought a new betta and he looks like he's got loads of it stuck to him.. Worried it might be something else but don't want to hijack the thread!
it could be ich. would you be able to post a photo of your betta so we can confirm? just start a new thread in this section: http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139

wackorash84

AC Members
Nov 3, 2010
UK
Could be ich as I doubt sand can 'stick' to your betta. However, cannot 100% confirm this unless we see it through a picture?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store