Betta question!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wippit Guud

///\\oo//\\\
Sep 27, 2002
PEI, Canada
I had originally misspelled 'feed' as 'feel', and Dean was trying to make a joke :cool:

Bad Dean! Bad!
:laugh:

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
I've heard some nasty things about bettas and melafix (it coats their labyrinth or something). Anyway, use bettafix if you can find it... if you can't, use the melafix at half dose.

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
I see no reason to use Melafix just because you aren't happy with your Bettas fin growth. If your taking care of him, and providing him with food and clean water, I see no reason for medications...:shake:

PurpleGem

AC Members
Nov 18, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
Camera Used
Canon Eos 450d, GoPro and my phone camera
How can i get my betta to grow long beautiful fins like the pictures that i have seen on the internet of other peoples bettas? i thought mine had pretty long fins, but then i saw how long they can reallt grow. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I have my betta in a 5.5 gallon with a couple platies and a dwarf frog. I have been watching the platies and they do not nip at him at all. Is there some kind of food or something that i can give him??
Maybe post a picture of him? There's such a thing as plakat bettas and if he's a plakat he's never going to get long fins. Also a high protein diet helps to promote fin growth. E.g. Frozen brine shrimp.

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
Maybe post a picture of him? There's such a thing as plakat bettas and if he's a plakat he's never going to get long fins. Also a high protein diet helps to promote fin growth. E.g. Frozen brine shrimp.
I feel obligated to inform you that the last post on this thread was in 2003.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store