Betta & Rainbow Shark Coexsist?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cim

Registered Member
Jul 15, 2018
My male betta has a habit of attacking my 2 rainbow sharks especially if they go near his log

Trinita_Andato

Registered Member
Sep 8, 2018
I know this thread is a little old but maybe someone might see this. I've heard that Bettas are supposed to be housed with other fish with long fins like theirs or they might mistake them for other Bettas. I see others have successfully had them with their rainbow sharks (also read can only have 1 at a time is that true) but curious if a betta would be ok with mollies a rainbow shark and emerald Cory's?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
You may want to start your own new thread to get help. There's a bar at the top right side of this forum, in my version it's dark blue & says "post new thread" I believe.

Welcome to AC. I'll help (I hope) with what I think are you questions.

Bettas should NOT be kept with other long finned fish like male guppies. Some bettas are more tolerant but most will be aggressive to any fish that might look like them in a general way.

Rainbow or red tailed sharks grow 5 or 6 inches & need a 4 ft tank. Only 1 per tank! They are often (usually) territorial against other bottom dwelling fish including corydoras or small loaches...or many "torpedo shaped" fish.

What size is your tank? Is a betta your main focus? Is your tank "cycled"? (look at the "before you get fish" thread at the top of this newbie forum).

Ghost463

AC Members
Sep 12, 2018
Most of the time i have bettas in a large community tank. I have raindow sharks in that tank as well. So i say u will not have an issue. Raindow sharks and bettas require very different environments and have extremely different needs. But can live in the same haditate.
It may take awhile for ur beta to learn to actually swim.

The sharks hide all the time and the bettas need open areas.
Hope this helps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store