Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

betta sick

Discussion in 'Freshwater Illness and Disease' started by AtlantisTreasur, Jun 29, 2010.

1. AtlantisTreasur

AtlantisTreasur AC Members

Jun 6, 2011
    im really scared for my crowntail beta because he has little pale and white patches on him. his fins are ragged and pieces are falling off. he is very old, but i keep the tank clean and he has always been in good shape. he's eating fine. his water is normal.

i need advice on what i should do.
    please help!!!!!!!!!

2. SpunkyCheese13

SpunkyCheese13 AC Members

Aug 19, 2010
    I would looking into finrot if his fins are ragged and falling aparts

3. Jspigs

Jspigs There is always more to learn

Jacob
    Aug 25, 2011
    Jacob
    I would try doing daily water changes to keep his water as pristine as possible. This method is often very effective with fin rot which is what it sounds like he has.

4. Jspigs

Jspigs There is always more to learn

Jacob
    Aug 25, 2011
    Jacob
    How is he doing?

5. francapps

francapps AC Members

Mar 20, 2018
    Camera Used:
    Samsung s8 phone camera
    Hello,

I have a crowntail betta as well. Ive had him for almost a month now. Hes usually very active and a bit of an eater. I have been away for a few days (my brother fed him while i was away). i noticed he stayed at the bottom of the tank a lot today which isnt his norm. Hes normally a happy little guy and likes to nap on his leaf. His fins are normally spread out as he swims but he has had them a bit clamped today and was not eating as much. He also started darting around which concerned me. So i changed the water in his tank to see if that would change things, it hasnt and im worried. I used my flashlight to get a better look at him and noticed a little bit of gold shine to him. He has a natural iridecence to him but im not sure if this gold has always been there. I have him in a 3.5 gallon tank with an air pump filter (that i turned off just now to see if that would help).

Please help, im worried something is wrong. He had made such a lovely bubble nest before last weeks water change and now he isnt acting himself.

Here is a photo I took tonight. I took some video as well but Im not sure how to upload it on here.

20180318_004454.jpg

6. Rbishop

Rbishop ...and over the edge.
    Staff Member

Mr. Normal
    Yesterday at 12:42 PM
    Mr. Normal
    I see you started your own thread! Great!