bettas like mini corn?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
Well I haven't tried again, and did not notice any side effects.. So idk. Maybe long term feeding would upset them, but i dont foresee anyone feeding a staple of corn to there fish.
considering the high amount of fillers in cheap fish food, and corn is right up there in the list, so some fish may very well be eating a lot of corn without the keeper even realizing it.

Dieprophezeiung

^^ also my gamertag
Jul 13, 2010
auburn, alabama
Real Name
Charlie
This is true. I use only hikari and frozen foods, but used crappier fish food until I joined here.

Magic_FROST

AC Members
Jan 25, 2011
A long time ago, I had a dwarf frog in the same tank as a sorority of females. One night, after all the lights were off (they waited for the cover of darkness! LOL) my females ate a leg of that poor frog. They'll eat anything and everything.

Now, he might have gotten injured and they just wouldnt leave him alone (probably what happened) but I think the story is better when I say they ate his leg off of him. I turned the light on that morning and found him struggling under six bettas tearing pieces off the stump of a leg he had left. He managed to live years after being a tripod though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store