BGK help? is this normal? stuck to filter intake.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mistermog

AC Members
Apr 19, 2009
Space Coast, FL
I havent tried live, but i hvae tried freeze dried bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp. he eats them if i put them right in his face, otherwise i dont know. my angels suck the floor clean of everything and anything.

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
I don't know anything about BGK but, my weather loaches do that. I will see them swim up to it to get sucked on. If there is just one and the other sees him he will try to stack ontop of him. They are there because they want to be. Maybe it feels sort of like a massage chair to them or something?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I have powerful pumps with my BGK and it had never been sucked once at all. Normally, he just stalks behind waiting to be fed. That's it. As for the breathing rate, that's fast to me. I don't think I have seen my BGK breathe like that but then again, I seldom see him along with some other nocturnal fish.

mistermog

AC Members
Apr 19, 2009
Space Coast, FL
well, so far nothing weird is going on. he's been at the filter again adn checks it out from time to time... it might just be his spot.

i am a bit worried about the breathing thing but i guess i cant do anything about it right now either.

thanksf or the help :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store