Big surprise from my angels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I recently added a Gold Marble Ghost Pearlscale about 2 days ago..I was gone for most of the day and just got home not that long ago. Before I left, my old female was pecking my filter intake...I check my fish a lot, now my angels pawn.. I wasn't expecting that.

IMG_1797.JPGIMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG IMG_1798.JPG

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, congrats! It may be your "big girl" was just happy to have another angel. Hopefully your new 1 is a male & figures out what to do since "he's" a little small & probably inexperienced. We had 2 females that laid eggs regularly, taking turns then eating the eggs. We introduced a young male & flirt as he might, they were set in their ways. If you really want to raise any fry you'll need another tank, it's not a community tank process. But if you don't care all that much (raising babies can be a PITA), just enjoy their behavior & nice fresh food for everyone. They can be aggressive to tankmates so be aware & maybe add some décor, plants etc, & hope for a happy tank. None of your fish probably inhabit the same area as the angels but everyone likes eggs!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
The smaller angel is a young male. Most of my fish are bottom dwellers.. The angels chase off the rams and tetras. The male fans the eggs for awhile then my old female. I am getting a 20L in a few weeks and emptying out my 10g.. I'm getting a sponge filter for the ten and turning it into a Q/T and maybe a fry tank.. Not sure.

As I type, my big female is not pecking at my plants... Also I have tons of rocks and hiding spots.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
congrats but get a sponge over that intake asap or disconnect it from the filter and move it...when the fry hatch they will all be sucked in to the filter.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Your fry would be okay in a one gallon vessel of some kind with light aeriation..until you get more stable tank proper. I really like that fish in front.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store