bio media filter??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

proycraft

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Pensacola, Fl
Visit site
iam thinking of buying a 100g long tank and was wondering about something that i have seen at lfs. its where the water is sucked from the tank into a smaller tank thats under the bigger one then back up into the bigger one

how and what do i need to do this, or should i do this and stay with regular bio wheel filters

MP

AC Members
Jan 6, 2000
Chicago area, IL
Search the Web on "trickle filter", "W/D filter" and "sump". You'll find a lot of info.

I'd, personally stay with canister filter(s), but HOBs will be fine too. It really depends on what you're going to keep in your tank.

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
You are probably looking at a canister system of some sort. These type of filters are the best for aquariums. HOB's (Hang On Back) Power filters are good too, it just depends on the load. For example, I have a 37 gallon tank. I run 2 different filters, one is an Aquaclear 300 HOB and the other is a Mangnum 250 HOB canister filter running a micron filter for water polishing. This combo is really great!! Now, the Magnum series has an unpowered wet/dry bio-wheel you can add to add biological filtration. Since you are getting a 100g tank, I would probably recommend an Eheim. These canister filters seem to be the most popular and have a lot of good reviews. If available in your area, I would suggest an Eheim. Hope this helps!! Good luck and have fun!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store