biting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
I was hand feeding pellets to my oscar the other day and he jumped up and grabed my thumb instead of the pellet. It was hard enough to draw blood and boy it stinged for awhile.

goldfries

AC Members
Oct 11, 2001
Malaysia
www.briancyc.com
my O is gentle to my hands. LOL. he knows that these hands are the ones that pamper him. :D

sometimes i just leave my hands in the tank and he'll come over and give gentle bites. and then i'll stroke his head too.

as for Tiger Barbs, their bites are ticklish. i have this mole on a part of my arm and when i clean the tank they'll think it's food. size of a pellet. hehe.

Amber

AC Members
Jan 2, 2003
Texas
Visit site
Ok, I have a about a 2 or so inch oscar and a 3 or so inch oscar. You all are making me nervous to clean their tanks when they get bigger. So far they leave us alone when cleaning their tanks. Hopefully, that won't change.

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
my old big boy midas bit me. it was the only time ive ever been bit. after that i would just place the net in the tank and he would steer clear of the net giving me a chance to do some work .

Wench

AC Members
Feb 25, 2002
Cleveland, NY
Originally posted by Amber
Ok, I have a about a 2 or so inch oscar and a 3 or so inch oscar. You all are making me nervous to clean their tanks when they get bigger. So far they leave us alone when cleaning their tanks. Hopefully, that won't change.
Mine used to leave me alone too but one day they turned into real man eaters! :) Kidding!

I have one that bites and the other ignores me. So who knows.

I ended up doing the water change this afternoon. I only got bit 4 times. What hurts worse than the bite is my family in the background laughing at me for threatening to beat it with the driftwood if it didn't back off! :)

She nailed me for filling her holes back in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store