Black Skirted Tetra

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ice_Cream_Really

Registered Member
Oct 9, 2019
I'm definitely a beginner at fish stuff and my tetra has some type of fungus. It started at his eye and is spreading to his fins and such. Does anyone know what it might be?

Screenshot_20191009-222817_Video Player.jpg

GoldenOranda97

AC Members
Oct 29, 2019
If its white and appears in dots, its ich. Better act fast, it's a real killer it left untreated for too long (few days). Ich is a parasite, so just getting fungus meds wont work. I use the Super Ich Cure by tetra, it works for me 99% of the time. Mix in a little aquarium salt (not table salt!!) And slowly raise the temp to around 80 degrees F. Remove any carbon filters but keep the water flowing. You will want to replace this too when it comes time to put it back in, as ich can live in the filter. Do one dose extra from the time you stop seeing the ich, just to make sure.
Looks like you caught it early enough that it wont be a problem to get rid of. Just watch the stress levels in your tank. Every tank has ich, but it's your fish's immune system that can keep it in check. If the immune system drops, the whole fish tank is at risk.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store