blue botias

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tammy911

AC Members
Jan 26, 2003
st. lazare,quebec,canada
Visit site
I just introduced 6 blue botias into my 75g tank yesterday. Now, to my utter dismay, I noticed that my beta has had his fins decimated. Other residents of this tank include cardinal and silver-tipped tetras, rummynoses, bala sharks and long-finned blue danios. I had expected trouble for my beta with the silver-tips, but things seemed to be going well. Is it possible that the botias wreaked this havoc last night? They seem to be awfully timid fish. I am sure that my beta was fine before. If anyone went too near him, he bluffed them off. Never see anyone chasing him. Will his glorious fins grow back? Help!

mwood322

AC Members
Not too surprising.

blue Botias, also known as modesta, are mostly nocturnal, adn like most loaches can't resist betta fins. if you take him out and put him in a different tank, yes his fins will grow back. most of the time as long as there is just a little bit of fin left any fish can regrow fins. However they will not grow back if he continues to live with botias.

--Mia

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store