Blue Cathode...Moon Lights on a Budget!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sawyer1206

AC Members
Jul 22, 2006
Angleton, Tx.
how much was the power supply?
You sould be able to pick up a quality 12V 1000ma Power Supply for around $15.00.

The camera does something to the moon lights because they are not as bright as the picture makes it seem.

Shocker6966

AC Members
Nov 5, 2006
Peterborough, Ontario
I too am planning something with Led Christmas lights for my Aquarium. One of my other hobbies is installing Christmas lights on my house. Last year I broke the 20,000 lights barrier, i closing in on the Griswold Award!!!LOL

Anyway I am trying to figure out how I can use LEDs in my tank for Christmas. I know it is crazy but I can't help myself!!!!!
Seal the connections with hot glue or silicone, or both. Another option might be to get a piece of clear tubing and feed the string through it, keeping the ends out of the water.

Jaysn

AC Members
Jan 16, 2007
I too am planning something with Led Christmas lights for my Aquarium. One of my other hobbies is installing Christmas lights on my house. Last year I broke the 20,000 lights barrier, i closing in on the Griswold Award!!!LOL

Anyway I am trying to figure out how I can use LEDs in my tank for Christmas. I know it is crazy but I can't help myself!!!!!
I made a thread on how I did this, check here. :)

sawyer1206

AC Members
Jul 22, 2006
Angleton, Tx.
Glad the post helped. You guys run on 240V down there don't you? How much did the power Supply cost you?

Waps

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Yeah 240V.
$25 from the local electronics store, could have saved some cash shopping over the net but I was too keen to get it in and going and didn't want to wait for delivery.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store