{ ? } Blue Lobster

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sugarcookie

AC Members
Jan 25, 2007
Hi...

I adopted (sp) a blue lobster, could somebody tell me what to feed him. I will have it in a tank by it's self, cause he or she has already ate some of my fish (my puffers).

Thanks,
Sugarcookie

black_sun

I'm a crayfish in disguise...
Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
Specialized diet will depend on what specific species you have. But generally, try sinking pellets, carnivore pellets, algae waffers, shrimp (cooked, uncooked or frozen may contain WSSV which will become fatal when contracted), fish (as you've seen), vegetables, etc.

red_wall

Whoosh! feel the onomatopoeia
Jun 15, 2008
SE Georgia
They eat anything you put in the tank (living-wise) they'll eat snails, fish, plants.

Pellet-like food, I have no idea. I would think some sinking pellets would do, but it might not go for them.

Wait until someone who keeps them comes along : ]

bass n ri

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
i own a pair they eat anything

spinich
cucumbers..etc.shrimp,...there scavangers so they eat anything

Wippit Guud

///\\oo//\\\
Sep 27, 2002
PEI, Canada
I give mine a cooked grain of rice once in a while....

Shrimp pellets tend to be the food of choice. I alternate between a shrimp pellet and (of all things) a pellet of rabbit food. Gets his veggies that way.

carlyleigh

AC Members
Feb 16, 2008
My guy loves Crab Pellets, Algae Wafers.... Blood Worms, Processed Peas, the odd bit of chicken..... Strangely enough he hates prawns and shrimps.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store