Blue Orandas-Introducing Tinkle, Chimecho and Harper

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
There's a "panda butterfly" currently for sale on aquabid. lovely fish but i'm just not a fan of the googly eyes

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
Would love a panda oranda, FF. I don't mind the panda moor but I really like how the panda oranda looks.:D
Just admit it Lupin, you want 23 of everything.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Ack! I finally figured out why my water there keeps getting cloudy the next day even though I do series of water changes (mostly at night) and why my goldfish seem to "mow" the bottom of the tank. They were spawning and eating the eggs!:nilly: They were so small that I didn't even think they would spawn. I somehow overlooked the eggs because I don't normally squint around that floor level.lol I had a shrewd idea before Chimecho's fat appearance is because she could be full of eggs but I wasn't entirely sure because of her size. Added spawning mops and plants anyway.:)

Sonicblast12

AC Members
Aug 9, 2006
Blue?

Are these blue orandas? One I've always considered to be more bronze, but has the same characteristics as yours. The dark/silver one came second, and had to come home with me after seeing those fins.

Since I now have four mature fancy goldfish, how big are the eggs and what do they look like?

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
nice. hope you end up with lotsa babies.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
SB, yes, they're blue orandas. Nice ones too.:D

Thanks, Krissy. I'm still deciding whether to proceed rearing the fry. I let them eat the first batch though because I wasn't interested.

Pearl

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
Michigan
Real Name
Vicki
Sonicblast... I want the first blue oranda! That may just be the prettiest goldfish I've ever seen.

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
LUPIN!!! GAHH!!! How come YOU get the nice ones ;] SOOO JEALOUS!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
GM, I also received four more large orandas at 5-6" size with bulk at 2.5-3".:)

Harper and Chimecho were able to spawn yesterday releasing over 500 eggs. Saved less than half. I am tired of removing all the eggs especially as they stick in their places too hard. UGH! It's their second time spawning in a week.

My other orandas are showing spawning signs.:duh:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store