Blue Ram acting diffrent is it sick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Blairo1

AC Members
Aug 15, 2007
Oh and hopefully Cathy will be along, because she's the wizard at Blue Rams and has done things with them that I could not have thought of, I'm more of a Bolivian nut.....

If Cathy has advice, listen to that, above and beyond mine :).

bwd

AC Members
Jan 25, 2007
MA
Blair01,
Thanks for the explanations and help with this. It is one of the males. Should I return the picked on male and does it matter what female? I have the dried small shrimp I was using as a treat so I will switch places with the worms in the feeding.

:thumbsup:

Blairo1

AC Members
Aug 15, 2007
No problem!

What I normally do is select whichever I believe to be inferior in comparison to the others and those are the ones I remove - ie choose the two best and leave them. I've always done this, even when buying the fish and had them pair up within a matter of days. I've never found it a necessity with these fish to allow them to select a mate from a group, but that might just be me.

If a pair is already bonded, keep them together, chances are they're the nicest fish anyway. If there is no formed pair then it's entirely up to you which female you leave with the healthy male.

HTH!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store