Blue Rams Cichlids with Galaxy Rasboras?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aahhsin

AC Members
Apr 9, 2009
Would the blue rams eat the Rasboras? Would the rasboras eat the blue ram?

Right now I'm just worried the blue ram will get too big at about 3 inches. I don't know how big the mouth of the ram is. Then again, I have heard of people keeping blue rams with Scarlett Badis before.

MChambers

AC Members
Jun 5, 2009
Washington DC
I doubt a German ram could catch a celestial pearl danio. I had some in a 55 gallon thank with Bolivian rams and never had an issue. I don't know if the danios would like the warm temperatures needed by German rams or not.

e5anderm

Registered Member
Apr 16, 2011
Wisconsin
Would the rasboras eat the blue ram?
First of all, I had to laugh at this question, not sure how a 1" fish would ever be able to eat a fish 3X its own size.

Anyway, they should be alright together (both fairly peaceful), but as someone pointed out the fish have different water temperature comfort ranges (Rasboras 76-78, Blue Rams 82-84)

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Really? from my research, I've seen blue rams at cooler temps around 72-76.
Rams and most other dwarf cichlids all are more comfortable and happier at higher temps like discus and angelfish. You can keep them at 76 since they will adapt and adjust, but they prefer higher temps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store